Notify patrons via email blast
This feature allows you to send an email to all the patrons of an event, or of a run. You have the option of resending the receipt, or just a message.
- Log into your Seat Yourself dashboard.
- Click on the blue +rsvns button or the green +sales button in the Reports panel of the dashboard.
- Make sure the date range and matching field are set so that all the desired events are in the list.
- Click the blue +emails button near the top.
- Follow the directions on the page that comes up to re-send order links and links to the Event page, or just to send a message if the events have been canceled.
Common situations where it makes sense to resend the order link is if a show has been rescheduled or canceled. The link to the event page can be essential when a performance is virtual.
For a single event, you can just use the blue emails near the right end of the dashboard’s line for the event.
Correct typos in patron email addresses
Shoppers regularly mistype their own email addresses, and box office sales have that problem with higher frequency. Faulty email addresses keep patrons from receiving the notifications described in the previous section, and can also prevent receipt of links to streamed events. Here is how to fix an email typo:
- Click on the blue rsvns button or the green sales button on the dashboard’s line for an event containing the order.
- Click on the blue order button on the line for that order to get to the Order page.
- Check the box near the bottom to enable email addressing editing, edit the address, and submit the update.
Post notices for shoppers
This section reviews all the ways you can post information about your events for your patrons. (And it stresses something that took us a while to learn: Shoppers on the web read sketchily, and the best way to cope with this is through redundancy.) The upshot is that we recommend using more than one of the options listed below for getting information out to your patron community.
- Your own web pages: The web pages we have in mind are the ones on which you have posted the link to the webstore. You probably have the most room and flexibility in these locations. Please make sure that the contents of the Website field on the Webstore settings tab of your Seat Yourself account are the web address (URL) of one of these.
- The webstore landing message: See our note on Landing page settings for how to set this message. Shoppers see this page before they begin shopping if you have a landing message, access code, price code, social distancing buffers, or graphic image set in your account.
- The Purchaser messages section of both the Webstore settings and Per-show settings tabs: There are four of these messages:
- Pre-sale: Displayed to shoppers when the cursor is over a performance when sales are not enabled.
- On sale: Displayed when sales are enabled and the event is not sold out.
- Sales closed: Displayed after online sales have closed automatically.
- Sold out: Displayed if sales are enabled, but there are no vacant seats allocated to the webstore (i.e. not allocated to the box office and not sold or held).
- The Custom receipt messages section of both the Webstore settings and Per-show settings tabs: These messages, of course, are not seen by shoppers before they buy.
- The Event page: This feature is described in detail here.