Add or change productions and performances
To add productions and performances, and to change the dates and times of existing performances that contain no reservations, click on the Schedule link in the Management panel of the Dashboard. To change the date or time of a peformance that does contain reservations, email us at email@example.com.
If you want to use a seating configuration or venue address you’ve used in the past and aren’t sure which one, click the +seats button in the Reports panel of the dashboard to see what you’ve used in the past year. If you want to use a configuration you haven’t used for over a year, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Add or change a venue address or reserved seating layout
If you are using a new venue address or a new reserved seating chart, you’ll need our help. Go ahead and set up the event, but do not enable online sales. Instead, send us an email with the chart or the new address, and we’ll move the new production to it. You can email a pdf, jpg, or spreadsheet to email@example.com, or fax a sketch to 914 239 4803.
Post the link and enable online sales
To find the appropriate link to post, whether on a web page, facebook page, or printed poster, click the Webstore link for posting on your page entry in the Management panel of the Dashboard.
We assume that you are going to post a link on the page referred to in the Website field on the Webstore settings tab. That is the page shoppers are taken to when they click on the link at the top left of the shopping page. But we encourage you to post the link in as many other places as make sense to you.
To enable online sales, click the Per-show settings link in the Management panel of the dashboard. Check the Allow sales box and submit the update.
Proofread one last time
We can’t help you find errors in dates, times, production name, or venue address. And many people miss those the first few times they check. This test will let you see what your shoppers will see, and may make errors missed in previous passes stand out.
Do what one of your shoppers will have to do
- Start from your own page. That’s the page whose address shows in the Website field on the Webstore settings tab.
- Click on the purchase tickets (or equivalent) link that you have placed on that page.
- Go through the purchase process, but after getting to the checkout page, do not enter any credit card information.
- Instead, verify the pricing, fees, address, dates and times.
- Then click the Cancel purchase link near the top of the page.
If that didn’t work …
If you can’t purchase tickets, here are the 2 most likely causes:
- You have not enabled online sales for a new production. See the previous section for how to do that.
- You have not set pricing, via the Ticket prices link in the Management panel of the dashboard. Click here for help adding prices.
And to do a quick scan for other problems
The dashboard will list potential problems for all your future events at a glance. Put the mouse over most of the notes to get tooltips with more details.
Fix a setup error
Here’s how to get rid of a production with errors in it:
- Before trying again, change the name of the production you’re cancelling. You do this via the Production Name field on the Per-Show Settings tab. Otherwise, you’ll have two productions with the same name, and it will be hard to tell which one you’re, say, adjusting prices for. We suggest adding NOT before the name.
- Go back to the Schedule tab and cancel the performances that show up for the production you’re getting rid of.
- Now you can add the production again.
And please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you’re done and we’ll check your work.